Join the movement

Join the movement!

Join the movement!

7 Music Business Podcasts (and 3 Others) You Should Be Listening To

I love podcasts. More specifically, educational podcasts. Even more specifically, educational podcasts about music, business and thinking differently. Oftentimes, though, I'm at a loss when I'm caught up on a podcast I love or just in the mood for something different. I don't lis...

Don’t Make This Mistake With Your Email List

I got a an email from one of my favorite singer/songwriters yesterday. I've been on his email list for a couple years now and I go to his shows whenever he plays in town - which is often because he lives here. In this email he discussed that he had all the songs written for his n...

To Own Your City You Need To Find Your Jam

I got back last night at 5am. It was one of those special evenings that only happen once in a long while, but is so inspiring that it changes the course of your life. The night started off at Genghis Cohen. My buddy from Minneapolis (now in Nashville) Elliott Blaufuss (Eric Hu...

How To Turn Your Fans Into Paying Subscribers

One of the biggest complaints of Spotify from music's biggest fans is that the money they pay to the streaming service never actually reaches their favorite artists. If one of my fans with a $10/mo Spotify subscription plays my music exclusively for the month, it would make sen...

10 Reasons Why You’re Failing At Instagram

If you missed the memo, Instagram is hot. Everyone thought that when Facebook bought it for a billion dollars three years ago that it would lose its cool factor and the kids would leave. Everyone couldn't have been more wrong. With more than 300 million active monthly users, it h...

Hey Midwest! Join Me At The Music Biz Meetups

I'm doing a quick Midwest tour at the end of the month and I want to meet the Ari's Take crowd! I've hosted a couple meetups before my shows in LA and they went really well. Lots of people exchanged business cards and made connections. Past meetups have included entertainment law...

How To Easily Rent Gear On The Road

It's a common problem in the touring music community. Touring Band X amp breaks down before their show in Minneapolis. They scramble to seek out rental companies, but none exist. So the band calls the venue to ask for suggestions. The venue calls local musicians in town they thin...

Get Ari’s Take On Your Album At The Next Meetup

The last Ari's Take meetup before my record release show was awesome. I met a bunch of very cool, dedicated musicians. I got a few fantastic CDs from them too. It gave me an idea. For this next meet up, Thursday July 24th at The Hotel Cafe in Hollywood (preceding my show of cours...

Top Music YouTubers Reveal Their Secrets At VidCon

From left: Margaret Gregory, Alejandro Manzano, Tyler Ward, Mike Falzone, David Choi, Meghan Tonjes, Peter HollensI originally wrote this for Digital Music NewsThis past weekend in Anaheim, CA was the world's largest gathering of YouTube lovers. Nearly 19,000 people attended the...

Network Like A Music Pro At The First Ari’s Take Meetup

Fill up your business card pocket protector containers. Unwrap your CDs. Update your email signatures.The first Ari's Take meetup has arrived!I'd been planning on holding some form of gathering of minds in the physical world for sometime now after many reader requests. As much as...

Latest News

Artist Manager on Release Strategy, Record Deals and the TikTok Ban

This week, Ari is joined by Michele Harrison, founder of MPH Collective and artist manager
- Advertisement -spot_img